Will the next global infectious threat be an orthopoxvirus, or an enterovirus? Will it be even caused by a known pathogen? Can we be ready for the next pathogen X?
The ISIDORe consortium supports scientists with an interest in epidemic-prone pathogens, including pathogen X.
Researchers are invited to submit any proposal that:
- Can be advanced by access to at least one of our services,
- Falls under one of the following sections (see SCOPE), and
- Is focused on pathogen X or at least one of the three pathogen classes specifically identified below.
Access to In vivo models will only be granted to applicants with projects demonstrating sufficient justification (including in vitro evidence and choice of model) for using animals for scientific purposes.
For access to Regulatory advice services, please select the Section closest to your countermeasure of interest.
Services such as Access to clinical samples and Access to clinical trials are not available for this call.
Please consult our full service offer here.
Your proposal must align with at least one of the Sections below:
Section 1: Surveillance & epidemic management
Section 2: Natural history of infectious diseases / Deciphering & understanding pathogens’ biology, host-pathogen interactions and host responses to infection
Section 3: Diagnostics
Section 4: Therapeutics
Section 5: Vaccines
Section 6: Social sciences & epidemiology
Section 7: Vector biology & vector control (if applicable)
ISIDORe PRIORITY PREPAREDNESS PATHOGENS & LIMITATIONS
Your proposal must focus on at least one of the following pathogens (to see the full list of ISIDORe PPPs, follow this link):
|ISIDORe PPPs||Comments and/or limitations|
|Pathogen X||Causative agent of Disease X that “represents the knowledge that a serious international epidemic could be caused by a pathogen currently unknown to cause human disease” (WHO). Any plausible candidate would be eligible, given coherent justification. Proposals focused on the development of preparedness tools (flexible diagnostic method, “universal” vaccine platform, etc.) are eligible under Pathogen X.|
|Non polio enteroviruses||None|
SUBMISSION OF PRE-APPLICATION & FULL APPLICATION
To submit your pre application:
- Please make sure that you have read (and comply with) our scientific strategy and eligibility conditions
- Prepare your ORCID number. If you do not have one yet, please go to orcid.org to obtain your own in a few clicks
- Please make sure that your project aligns with ISIDORe PPPs and one of the research sections of interest
- Prepare a brief description of your request (500 characters max)
- Select the service you want to apply for from our catalogue
- Fill out and submit the ISIDORe pre-application form at the bottom of the catalogue page of interest. You will receive a notification with your ISIDORe project number as well as additional guidelines for the preparation of your full application.
For multi-services requests, we’ll be happy to help: please contact us
To submit your full application:
- Follow the guidelines you received along with your ISIDORe project number.
- Your full application must be submitted within 6 weeks upon receipt of your ISIDORe project number.
Proposals will be evaluated, selected and implemented on a rolling basis as long as funding remains.
Direct access to the catalogue pages
- Analytical services
- Cell models
- In vivo models
- Immuno-monitoring & profiling
- Support for diagnostic & therapeutic development
- Support for vaccine development
- Clinical samples
- Regulatory advice, trial preparation & access to clinical trials
- Social sciences & epidemiology