The WHO R&D Blueprint is organizing a consultation to apply scientific lessons learned during the SARS-CoV-2 global pandemic and other recent outbreak to address the research needs for unknown agents capable of future pandemics – Pathogen X.
This will be a hybrid meeting that will be held from 09h00 to 18h00 CET (Geneva time) each day on 29 and 30 August 2022 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Main discussion points include the following, with reference to research and development leading to safe and effective vaccines and therapeutics:
- Review of previous pandemics with an emphasis on COVID-19
- What relevant scientific information did we have before the pandemic?
- What scientific strategies were successful?
- What scientific strategies could be improved?
- What will the next pandemic look like?
- What research will facilitate identification of the next pandemic?
- What needs to be done to prepare for possible pathogens, including unexpected or re-emerging pathogens (e.g., AMR)?
- What can be done in advance of the next pandemic?
- What are the scientific and research gaps? And how can they be met?
- How can scientific and research findings facilitate vaccine and therapeutic development?
- How can other approaches, such as TPPs and regulatory convergence, facilitate response to a future pandemic?
Registration Link: https://who-e.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rl34yA7YTTihCXmZat4NcA